Chocolate SundaePrep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 0 minutes
The best ever Chocolate Sundae…a timeless treat. Using our Chocolate & Orange Curd it's sure to put a smile on anyones face!
- One or two really squidgy chocolate brownies, approx. 4cm square
- 3 tablespoons of brandy
- A tub of the best vanilla ice cream you can lay your hands on
- One jar of Ouse Valley Chocolate & Orange Curd
- 200ml double cream
- Finely paired zest of orange - approx. 1 teaspoon
- 1 table spoon of toasted flaked almonds
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Soak the brownies in brandy (skip this step if the Sundae is for children).
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape making sure it's not too firm.
- Take an interesting tall glass of your choice, press a hunk of brandy soaked chocolate brownie into the base of the glass.
- Next a dollop - aprox two tablespoons - of proper vanilla ice cream.
- Now for the curd - nice and generous - two to three tablespoons.
- Next a layer of whipped cream.
- If there is room, repeat the layers.
- Finally finish with slivers of orange zest, toasted almonds and a dusting of cocoa powder.